The IGPM provides basic and advanced training in Numerical Analysis to students of Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Natural and Engineering Sciences.
The research conducted at IGPM covers a wide range of topics in Numerical Mathematics, from its analytical foundations to applications in the Engineering and Natural Sciences. Core areas include:
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- High-Dimensional Problems
- Constructive Approximation, Image and Data Analysis
- Computational Harmonic Analysis
Both in teaching and research, we collaborate closely with the RWTH computational science and engineering groups CCES, AICES and GRS.