Time-integration schemes for ODEs system
|Lecture||Wednesday, 8:15-9:45, room 224.3 (main building)||Start: 11.04.2018|
|Thursday, 8:15-9:45, room 224.3 (main building)||Start: 19.04.2018|
News and Important Information
Runge-Kutta time-integration schemes for ODEs system; Order theory for Runge-Kutta schemes by means of rooted trees; Adaptive step size control for Runge-Kutta schemes; Stiff systems; Basic introduction on semi-discrete schemes for conservation laws.
Knowledge of the techniques for the time-integration of ODEs and application to semi-discrete schemes for PDEs as well as the knowledge of the order theory for Runge-Kutta methods.
- J.C. Butcher Numerical Methods for Ordinary Differential Equations, Wiley, II Edition
- J.D. Lambert, Numerical Methods for Ordinary Differential Systems, Wiley
- E. Hairer, S.P. Norsett and G. Wanner, Solving Ordinary Differential Equations I, Springer
- E. Hairer and G. Wanner, Solving Ordinary Differential Equations II, Springer
- R.J. Leveque, Numerical Methods for Conservation Laws, Birkhauser