The software package DROPS is a CFD tool for simulating two-phase flows.
It is being developed at the IGPM and the Institute of Scientific Computing at the RWTH Aachen. Part of the development was funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) via the Collaborative Research Center SFB 540.
The code is still under development. The second release is published under the terms of the LGPL .
- Discretization on tetrahedral grids using finite elements
- Local grid refinement techniques
- Level set methods for interface capturing
- Continuum surface force approach for the treatment of the surface tension
- Approximation of interface curvature using a weak formulation of Laplace-Beltrami-Operator
- Efficient iterative solvers based on multigrid methods
a droplet in a surrounding fluid
Falling film system:|
wavy film running down a wall
Sven GroßLehrstuhl für Numerische Mathematik