The software package DROPS is a CFD tool for simulating two-phase flows.
It is being developed at the Chair of Numerical Mathematics and the Institute of Scientific Computing at the RWTH Aachen. Part of the development was funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) via the Collaborative Research Center SFB 540.
- Discretization on tetrahedral grids using finite elements
- Local grid refinement techniques
- Level set methods for interface capturing
- Continuum surface force approach for the treatment of the surface tension
- Approximation of interface curvature using a weak formulation of Laplace-Beltrami-Operator
- Efficient iterative solvers based on multigrid methods
a droplet in a surrounding fluid
Falling film system:|
wavy film running down a wall